If your kitchen cabinets are painted and you want to renew with gloss paint, you must remove the varnish, apply primer and repaint the cabinets in the color you choose. Because it is a long process you should be prepared to paint the cabinets in stages so that your kitchen remains operational. For example, devote Saturday to refinishing your cabinets to complete the job.
1. Place a drop cloth on the kitchen floor to protect it from paint spills.
2. Ideas for painting kitchen cabinets: protect walls by placing masking tape on the edges of the cabinets. Maybe you should put a drop cloth on the kitchen walls to protect them from sawdust.
3. Put on your work clothes and safety glasses. You should wear a respirator when using a heat gun.
4. Remove the doors and hinges of the cabinets with a screwdriver. Remove all hardware cabinets like knobs.
5. Other Ideas for painting kitchen cabinets include using a heat gun to remove paint. Hold it about 2 inches (5 cm) from the surface of a painted cabinet. When the paint begins to blister on the surface, use a scraper to remove the varnish and put it in a empty paint can. At the end of the day, place the lid on the empty can and discard in a facility for hazardous waste collection.
6. Clean the cabinet with a clean cloth and mineral spirits after removing the varnish.
7. Remove irregularities on the cabinets with medium grain sandpaper.
8. Clean the cabinets with damp rags to remove small particles of waste sawdust.
9. More ideas for painting kitchen cabinets. Open base paint can and pour the base paint on a tray. Apply to the sides of the cabinets with a brush to paint the edges. Use a roller on the larger areas.
10. Let the primer dry for the time specified on the package. Open, mix and pour paint on another tray. Apply two coats of bright paint, making sure to dry between coats.
11. Replace doors on cabinets and fixed attachments.
Painting kitchen cabinets. Painting kitchen cabinets white. Painting kitchen cabinets cost. Painting kitchen cabinets diy. Painting kitchen cabinets black. Painting kitchen cabinets grey. Painting kitchen cabinets without sanding. Painting kitchen cabinets uk. Painting kitchen cabinets with chalk paint. Painting kitchen cabinets ideas.