The value that you have in your home is the single most important reason why you own instead of rent a home. In the this recent economy of falling house values and unstable housing market statistics, every home owner should know how to put more value back into their homes. Invest in a house upgrade, it can dramatically change the look of your home and enhance curb appeal.
Although making house upgrade is not a sure-fire way to increase the value, it will at the very least make you more competitive against your competition. Use these tips below to increase the value of your home and enjoy the rewards when it is time to sell your home.
Here are some tips to make a cheap house upgrade without making your house looks cheap:
1. Invest in some house parts such as buying a new front door or paint your old one.
2. Try other easy DIY fixes like repainting the exterior trim, replacing the house numbers or installing new outdoor lighting.
3. Paint provides dramatic results with little investment.
4. If your kitchen appliances don’t match, try ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. Many dishwasher panels are white on one side and black on the other. It can be as simple as removing a couple of screws, sliding the panel out and flipping it over.
5. You don’t have to go for the expensive house upgrade such as using the fancy yet expensive tile backsplash, try something simple and inexpensive like tin ceiling tiles, or wooden breadboard, wallpaper, stainless steel, chalkboard or magnetic paint.
6. Bathrooms are often the most important rooms to update. They, too, can be improved without a lot of cash. Simple things like a new toilet seat and a pedestal sink are pretty easy for homeowners to install, and they make a big difference. You can replace an old, discolored bathroom floor with easy-to-apply vinyl tiles or a small piece of sheet vinyl.
7. And don’t forget the ceiling. Paint the trim a contrasting color.
8. New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Another option: Paint a wall three different shades of the same color. Measure equal sections and use painter’s masking tape to mark off each area. Do the bottom of the wall first with the darkest shade. Once it dries, do the middle section with the next lightest shade and so on.
House upgrades. House upgrades botw. House upgrade my time at portia. House upgrade ideas. House remodeling ideas. House remodeling shows. House remodel cost. House remodel loan. House remodeling jobs.